Friday, April 30, 2010

Claire's Mother's Day Tea

I was so excited to be able to join sweet Clairey at her school for a Mother's Day Tea. These parties are few and far between and I wouldn't have thought of missing it. Last year when I went to Michael's Mother's Day Tea- I was huge and pregnant. What a nice change to be able to go the tea and enjoy without any heavy stress on me. Claire got to dress up for the day and didn't have to wear her uniform. She was just beaming when I showed up to her classroom. She escorted me down the hall and pointed to a flower on the wall that she had drawn for me alongside the rest of her classmates. The kids got to choose three words that best describe their Mom. I love having Claire as my daughter because her three words sent my head spinning with happiness. Hers read like this- My Mom Is: GLAMOROUS (Really, Claire? You see me in sweats and sporty clothes all day long and you still think I am glamorous? I love you even more than I did one second ago!) LOVING (So glad you feel that way Claire. It is what matters most to me!) INCREDIBLE (Claire, you had me at glamorous and now you call me incredible. Well, thank you. You make me so happy!)

After those three descriptive words, I could have gone home and the morning would have already been worth it. But no! Now we got to sit with our child at their desk and talk for a little bit. She handed me a flower she made out of tissue paper and a real rose, too! It was just the sweetest morning. I had coffee, Claire had tea. We ate fruit, muffins, and donuts and it was just a pleasure to be alone with Claire for a few minutes and enjoy her company.

Before I forget, Claire did something hilarious at the Tea. There was kind of a break in the action and I saw Claire get out her whiteboard. I thought nothing of it until I heard other Moms laughing. I looked at Claire and she was holding up her whiteboard for all to see with the message MY MOM LIKES TO GO ON FACEBOOK on it. I am sure I turned red but I thought it was funny. Claire's teacher came over and whispered, 'I saw what Claire wrote!' Lovely Claire. Just lovely.

By the time we were finished with our tea- I felt so wonderful and so loved. Thank you Claire for the amazing morning. I will never forget it!

2 comments:

hdgina said...

what about the... my mom goes on Facebook... comment? Claire-bell is such a doll! Your sweats are casual-glamourous. They have applique and rhinestones on them!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Claire. You are all those things!

Love,
Mom