
Okay, this is getting a little out of hand. Up until this point, we have given our kids the option on who to invite to their birthday. If they want, they may invite the whole class or select a few special people to celebrate their birthday with them. My kids have always chosen to invite the whole class! The way I look it at is- there are only so many years that they can do this. Why not invite all the boys or all the girls? It does make for an insane party- but the kids always have fun and it is a great way for the boys/girls to get together outside of school for some fun and bonding opportunities. That being said- Michael celebrated his 9th birthday with 37 boys. Oh, and Claire was there, too. We had the party at a local indoor soccer facility and they just had the best time! They scrimmaged for a while, played a few tag games, had a goal scoring contest (Michael won!) and then we had some snacks and cake! There was so much energy sitting at the table that I could hardly wait to send them back into the enclosed soccer field and let them run around! Holy testosterone!

I wish I could post more pictures of them playing soccer but the lighting was so bad that all the pictures came out too dark. I did get a cute one of Matthew and Emily who enjoyed some peace and quiet at the party table as the boys and Claire ran around! Matthew did run around with them (even wore a jersey) but it became too much of a risk as he was nearly trampled two or three times. Michael was so happy to have all his friends surrounding him on his BIG DAY! I can't believe he growing up so quickly and I am happy that we could give him the opportunity to create such amazing memories with us and his friends. Love you Michael!
No comments:
Post a Comment