Friday, April 30, 2010

Claire's Parent Pictionary

Look closely at this drawing. No- closer. Can you tell who these characters are? Claire LOVES her whiteboard. Both her Auntie Gina and Aunt Jocelyn bought her one for her birthday and she just loves them! She will spend an hour in her room just drawing, erasing, then redrawing pictures. She loves to play school with it and also writes messages to her family. Today, this particular picture caught my eye and I had to probe Claire further to find out who these decorative characters were! The last thing you want to do when your child draws a picture is incorrectly guess who it is. In the past, my kids have gotten so disappointed when I couldn't decipher who they had drawn. So now I try and be extra cautious before guessing.

Hmmm. This one was hard. I had to ask a few questions. On my first guess, I correctly guessed that the guy in blue was BATMAN! Ha! Claire draws so many things so beautifully and it was funny to see her attempt something that wasn't so girlie. Damien and I were just biting our cheeks and holding our stomachs when we found out it was indeed, Batman. The second picture did stump me. Lucky for me- Damien had gone through the guessing game with Claire before I came in so he gave me a clue! 'Look closely at his chest,' he said. Damien didn't want to give the me an obvious clue because then Claire would pick up on it and be disappointed. I was staring at this green character's chest- going through all the green characters I could think of. I thought of the Green Goblin but didn't think Claire would've drawn him. Then I saw the diamond shape on the characters chest. 'SUPERMAN,' I shouted! Claire smiled so big and said 'Yes!'. Thank goodness I got that one right! I don't think she has drawn a superhero before so this was so funny to me and Damien. I especially love that these characters have big princess sleeves!!! I hope she leaves this drawing up on her wall for a while. Every time I pass it- it makes me smile!

***Claire added Spiderman this afternoon and some new quotes. Had to include the new picture. Superman is saying, "I have other work to do besides know that a bee has a stinger!"
Batman says, "I have other work to do besides kill a fly!" And Spiderman is saying, "I have other work to do besides look at a littlest pet shop on a real web!" If you look at the picture closely, there is a Littlest Pet shop figure on her drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire is a great artist and I like that the superheroes are getting in touch with their feminine side, I love the Spiderman looking up at the Littlest Petshop character. Priceless...good job Claire!

Nonna