
Would you believe that Matthew walked happily into the dentist's office without any hesitation? We were all in the waiting room and I though he might get scared when they called his name but as soon as he heard '
Matthew Swendsen'- he bounded up from his seat and left . . . without saying goodbye! Michael and Claire needed me for everything. They needed to know I was there to help them through the process. Matthew, who is so confident and secure because of his awesome older siblings example- feels so much more grounded in these types of situations. He was excited to go the dentist for the first time. I sensed little apprehension from him- instead he was excited to try something new and do something that Michael and Claire are big enough to do. And while I am not surprised that he didn't say goodbye before he went to go get his teeth cleaned for the first time, I have to admit I was a little sad because my beautiful little Matthew is growing up!

After his exam, I was able to go back and see him lying in the dentist's chair in all his glory. He looked hysterical! The glasses, the gloves . . . it was just too much! He got a great report and his teeth looked fantastic! Funny story- later that evening I asked Michael and Claire if they wore gloves during their exam. I found it odd that Matthew was wearing them. Maybe it was for sanitation, but I didn't get it. They said they didn't wear any.
Hmmmm. So, I asked Matthew why he was wearing the gloves and he
"I just asked the yady if I could wear some, too!" This kid will not be denied!!!

All the kids had great check ups. We did decide that Claire needs to get her front tooth pulled and the dentist was wonderful with her and calmed her nerves! I will post more on the tooth extraction later but for now- she is okay with it! This picture of Matthew and Emily was in waiting area of the dentist's office. I just think it is so funny! And the great part was that Emily was enjoying the ride! Matthew was on his way to get a price check on the butterball turkey he found! So . . . great news from the dentist and a successful outing for the
Swendsen kids. Whew. Only six more months until we do this again!
1 comment:
This may be my favorite matthew-moment yet. That kid is the funniest, quirkiest 3-yr-old ever. I LOVE IT!!! I want the dentist pic framed for christmas. thanks.
Post a Comment