Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Swendsen Cousin Picnic

As I write this, there are eleven grandkids in Damien's family. Six boys and five girls. Any event we have as a family has a lot of little people running around- spreading their energy amongst every corner of every home. We were fortunate enough to have nine of the grandkids together (oh, and two of my sister-in-laws) for a lazy afternoon BBQ at our house. It was so fun to see all the kids running around together. Age wise, they are spread pretty consistently and evenly and everyone has someone to play with- which is nice. The night was really great! The kids were pretty well behaved and had so much fun plopping down on a blanket outside for some yummy dinner. I have to laugh when I look at the nine of them on this blanket. I had no idea that the blanket was divided boys/girls! That's just too funny!

It is crazy to see all of these kids growing up so fast! I remember my nephew, Seamus (pictured with Michael), when he was little. We didn't have kids so we spent a lot of time with him and just loved him to pieces! Now to see him hanging around with Michael is just surreal. Michael loves him so much and as you can tell by the picture, feels awfully cool when he is with him. I asked Michael to smile in the picture and all I could get out of him was this 'cool guy' smirk! Time sure is passing quickly and seeing all of these kids together is just another gentle reminder to slow down and enjoy these days- no matter how crazy they are sometimes.

1 comment:

Brook said...

I can't believe that is Seamus. Tell Lani he is definitely a hadsome young man (and Michael is pretty cute too :-)