Friday, April 16, 2010

Vegas Part Deux

Yes, its true! The Sacco girls visited Vegas for the second time! We had such a fun time. It was a chance to catch up with my sisters and Mom, relax, and just not worry about anything but myself. It was wonderful! It all started when Gina had to be in Las Vegas for work and offered up her room to all the sisters and my Mom if we wanted to stay in Vegas for free. Hmmm. Let me think. Free room at the Venetian for two nights? Okay! I had never stayed at the Venetian so I was excited to be able to check it out! I really liked the hotel. Beautiful frescoes on the ceilings, lots of Venetian flare, and pretty good food. I must say, however, that Caesars is still my favorite. My sisters and Mom agreed.

We really did a lot of nothing, which in my opinion- is the best way to go in Vegas. We had no schedule to adhere to, no reservations to shows or dinner, just free days to come and go as we pleased and we did just that! We spent a lot of time at the gorgeous pool (although it was so jam packed we had to lay on chairs way away from the pool), we walked and explored the strip, I held a boa constrictor (if you know me, you know that this is a sign of the apocalypse), shopped, ate at some great restaurants (my Mom loved her bone marrow flan . . . I swear I am not lying), and we just enjoyed hanging out and laughing until our stomachs hurt. It was nice to get away for the weekend, clear my head, hear my own thoughts, shower and get all dressed up (without rushing), and do what I wanted to do. Can't wait until we do it again! PS- How great does my Mom look?

4 comments:

Sheelagh said...

That's awesome Lisa! Good for you to get away with the girls! And yes, your mom looks AWESOME!!! I'm glad you had fun...you inspire me to take time off more often.

nat the brat said...

i look REAL good in that picture. holy moses. no bueno.

hdgina said...

Nat... at least your ankle doesn't look like you should be wearing compression socks.

the uffelmans said...

you are all beautiful. i am jealous.