Sunday, April 04, 2010

EASTER Morning

I am writing about our Easter in two separate posts. This post is the fluffy optimistic post that every Easter morning should be like! We asked, okay begged, the kids to sleep in a little bit before coming out of their rooms to see if the Easter Bunny had come. Ya, that was a giant FAIL! At about 6:30 a.m. I heard footsteps towards the front room. My eyelids were still burning from a fitful night of little sleep with Emily (teething is the worst!). But I wanted to see them check out their baskets so I willed myself up to take in the festivities.

This is really the first year that Matthew felt the anticipation of the Easter Bunny's arrival. He had a hard time falling asleep- poor guy! When he walked into the front room and saw his overflowing basket- he started shrieking! He was just so happy with the candy, his new 'handles' (Matthew for sandals), and hysterically- the Easter Grass in his basket. You gotta love this kid! "There's grass in my basket!" he kept saying! Michael was also happy with his loot. He started popping chocolate at the tender hour of seven but it really isn't a big deal, especially because chocolate runs through his veins anyway. He too, loved all his treats and I think it took all of five minutes before he holed up with his candy in a corner and played his DS.

My girls. I love them. Clairey as usual was just so happy! She loves to get baskets, bags, or any receptacle full of little treasures. She loves to inspect each and every one and just glows with happiness. She got some 'handles' too and a new little decorative egg to hang in her room. She was really in good spirits and I was happy to see her so at peace. I did have to tell her to slow down on the candy because she loves it so much! Don't we all remember how sick you feel after you eat that much candy in the morning?

Emily was just as wide eyed as usual. She was captivated by the new pink Disney Princess ball that the Easter Bunny brought her! The Easter Bunny did put grass in her basket. I bet the Easter Bunny wondered whether or not that was a good idea. Clearly, he/she decided to give it to her and is probably regretting that decision now. I wonder how much plastic Easter Grass I will find in her diaper later today? I also was flying around the room picking up stray jelly beans. Everywhere I turned, there were choking hazards. The kids kept leaving their baskets everywhere and she would get into them. I wonder if I will find a few jelly beans in there, too!

Of course, after all of the fun of Easter morning comes the major pandemonium that ensues when you try and get four kids all dressed up and looking nice in Easter clothes. I posted pictures before of the kids in their Easter outfits and I was excited to get them all dressed up in them again. Today, we are going up north to the Sonoma Fairmont Mission Inn where Damien's parents host around 100 people for Brunch. It takes about two hours to drive up there so we had to make sure we were staying on time while trying to pack, curl hair, iron shirts, etc. The great news . . . we left on time and made it just as promised to the Easter Brunch. The bad news . . . well- why don't you just wait and read my next post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any black jelly bean lovers in the house?