Saturday, April 28, 2012

Claire's Crucifix

Claire brought home an art project that they did in class before Easter.  I wanted so badly to look at the cross with reverence but I just couldn't get past the fact that Jesus' was fashioned out of aluminum foil.  I tried to get in a serious and reflective place while enjoying Claire's work, but I couldn't!  The words Reynolds Wrap and foil just kept screaming at me!  I think she did an amazing job in her sculpting and my giggles had nothing to do with her crafting skills.  It's just, I've never seen anything like this before!  I guess there is a first time for everything!  Which reminds me, I need to go pray and ask God's forgiveness for my ridiculous giggling today.

2 comments:

the uffelmans said...

i need a like button...

rons said...

That kind of reminded me when you girls would get to church and you would still be chewing gum. I would make you take it out and if you had the right kind of gum, you could put it in the aluminum foil wrpper. Looks more like a dancer than Jesus though.