It is a lot of fun to have kids in back to back grades. Everything that comes home with Michael is relatively new and uncharted territory. We get a bit of a break the next year with Claire because we know what to expect and have confidence in each project and assignment she gets. It is so much easier this way. We've been there, we know what to do!
Claire was so excited about her Longhouse assignment! She watched Michael from afar last year and you could just see that she was chomping at the bit to get the chance to build her very own longhouse! Claire chose to model a longhouse that was used by the Iroquois Indians. Funny, same tribe as Michael chose. See how this works? She's a smart girl who watches her brother and then uses that to her advantage!
Claire wanted little help from me with this project. She did it all, I just guided her. We had lessons about hot glue gun safety and she wanted to discuss a few ideas with me before she did them. I also helped her bake the clay that she used to fashion the duck, vegetable baskets, lettuce, and carrots. But she designed it all and made everything herself! I was so proud. She even came up with the idea to make different brush strokes with the sponge brushes.
I was so happy that I blogged about Michael's Longhouse last year. I actually revisited the post with Claire to get some ideas and remind ourselves of the shortcuts we learned in doing it the first time. And who says blogging doesn't pay off?
Friday, April 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a great idea for you. You know what projects Michael had thsi year so you and Damien can build them all for Claire in the summer time, while the kids are lazily watching TV. After you have completed each one have Claire take a look at it so she will at least have some knowledge. All parents to the majority of their kids project anyway (See Jamestown 1987-1999). Just think. No last minute pressure and no unnecessary screaming and crying.
Post a Comment