Tuesday, April 10, 2012

T.T.F.N. Kirkland

We had a great visit in Kirkland.   It was a great way to spend the kids' Spring Break.  The company was phenomenal, the weather incredible, the little side trips enjoyable, and Easter was adorable!  I have no complaints!

One thing I enjoyed this time in particular was the time I was able to spend with my Grandmas.  What amazing women they are.  Seriously.  So strong, so determined, so capable, so amazing in every way.  I really try and be a strong woman who is true to herself.  When I look at my Grandmas, it makes me want to continue to work on being strong, capable, and authentic.

On our last day, I was able to take my kids to see my Nana.  She has moved into a new care facility which suits her so beautifully.  She has her own ground room floor in this beautiful home that looks out on a pretty landscape.  It just feels so good there.

The kids got a total kick out of Nana this visit.  Her medications sometimes affect her memory but this time, she was clear and so incredibly present.  She told the kids how to make a good tuna sandwich, told them about banana malts, talked about how she used to take us to McDonald's every Friday when we were kids, and even sang a few songs with them.  This was a true gift for all of us.  We love her so much and were glad to have been able to see her!

While we are sad to go, we know we will be returning soon.  This trip was really great.  We are all going back home feeling refreshed and ready to enjoy the last few days of Spring Break!  Michael's birthday is in four days so we have that to look forward to, too!  Let the celebrations continue!!

No comments: