Decorating Easter eggs is always a highlight of the kids Easter break. I have to admit- as a mother, it isn't my favorite activity. Something about staining dye, fragile eggs, and busy little fingers makes my head spin. I always do it outside on newspaper to minimize the damage!
I was so happy to be able to do it at my Mom's house this year. And to my surprise, the kids did great! No spills, no problems! Yet another sign that life is getting a bit easier for us!
The girls were very into the whole process. Matthew, Michael, and Kyle dyed about three eggs and were out the door to find rolie polies!
We tried a new technique I found on Pinterest where you take a round cotton pad, drip colors onto it using an ink dropper or spoon, and then lay them on the egg and wait a few minutes. The eggs turned out awesome! It made them look tie dyed! We will definitely do this again next year! We also tried some glittery marbled eggs which the kids TOTALLY loved making. My Mom had purchased a kit to make them and they turned out so pretty!
The eggs turned out great! We only lost three eggs which Emily promptly peeled and ate. That's my girl! The question now is will they last until Easter?
Saturday, April 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The pic with Laur and Clairey! Adorable!
Post a Comment