Matthew is more patient than I could ever dream one of my children to be. He generally has the best intentions in most everything he does and he just means to do well for everyone around him. Bottom line- he is one amazing kid.
Matthew willingly goes everywhere I tell him we need to go. "Matthew, please get in the car- we need to take Michael to soccer practice." "Matthew, please get in the car so we can go get Claire from Girl Scouts." I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. He just goes with the flow and doesn't cause a fuss.
In terms of Matthew having activities of his own outside of school, we told him that he could start to play sports once he was in Kindergarten. An amazing opportunity fell in my lap for Matthew this spring. One of the Moms of a boy who will be in Matthew's Kindergarten class next year told me about a team of boys that were going to get together on Thursday nights to just practice soccer. No games, no registration, no financial obligation. Just show up along with ten other boys who will be in Matthew's class and let Coach Pat teach the boys some soccer skills!
Matthew was beyond excited when I told him about the opportunity to be on a 'soccer team'. We went and got him new soccer shoes, new shin guards, and a new soccer ball and made a big deal about it. The first practice, he was a little nervous because he didn't know any of the boys. But it didn't matter because Matthew was all business. He has been to enough soccer practices to know that he needed to pay attention and work on his skills!
Both Damien and I were so impressed with him. Matthew was so aggressive and beyond that- Matthew was just so happy. Finally, a sport for Matthew. We have already signed him up for Fall soccer where he will get his first uniform and be able to play with the same team full of his future classmates. Life is looking up for our little guy and I know that this experience is going to give Matthew a great boost of confidence as he gears up to enter Kindergarten! Go Matthew, Go!!!
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
go matthew. he is such a wonderful little guy...
Matthew is, in a lot of respects, like his Aunty Gina. She was also the one who would be on a forced march through childhood picking up or dropping off her older sisters. Worked out pretty good for her though. Matthew, I can hardly wait to see you play soccer.
Post a Comment