Finally, the last event in Michael's birthday season! Tonight, Michael and four friends celebrated Michael's eleventh year while watching the San Jose Earthquakes! Michael loves soccer so this was the perfect way for him to start his new year! Michael invited his friends Zach, Byron, Anthony, and Ben to his party.
We started the night by going to Smoke Eaters (formerly Cluck U. Chicken) for some good birthday grub before the game. I seriously couldn't believe how many hot wings the boys ate! It is apparent by the sauce that is all over their faces that they loved it!
Then we went over to the Santa Clara University's campus where the Earthquakes are temporarily playing at Buckshaw Stadium until their stadium is built. It was a gorgeous night for soccer. The temperature was in the 90s today so the night was perfect.
Before the game, the kids were able to go down the giant inflatable slides, practice kicking the soccer ball into a small goal, get tattoos, their faces painted, and check out a lot of cool vendors before we found our seats for the game. All of the kids were having a blast and I know that Michael felt pretty cool that he was able to give his friends the opportunity to watch the Earthquakes play.
We sat right on the half line, just two rows up. We were so close that the boys really felt into the game. At one point, they all agreed that they wanted to be professional soccer players when they grow up. I left at half time with Emily and Claire so that I could get Emily to bed. The game didn't start until 7:30 p.m. so I knew that if I pushed it- she would be a mess the next day.
The Earthquakes won and the rest of the group came home with huge smiles! The highlight for them . . . was telling me how many swear words they heard from the people sitting around them at the game. That is 4th grade boys for you! We had planned an overnight for them that evening. All was going great, until one of the boys had an allergic reaction to our cat. Yes, I had to call his parents at 10:45 p.m. and tell them that he was wheezing. By 11:00 p.m. his Dad came to pick him up and I urged (okay, threatened) the rest of the boys to go to sleep.
All in all, it was an awesome birthday party for Michael. Surrounded by his good friends, Michael had a fantastic night. Happy Birthday, Buddy!
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Two words: SEATTLE SOUNDERS!!!!!
Post a Comment