We celebrated Michael's birthday in Washington the night before we flew home. We went to a great Mexican restaurant with my family, my parents, Laura, Monica, Sim, and Court. It was a perfect dinner for Michael. We had just watched the end of another of Courtland's baseball games and Michael didn't think Court would join us for dinner. Oh how his eyes opened wide when Court walked in the door! He gave Michael a cool titanium baseball necklace that Michael hasn't even dreamed of taking off, yet.
My parents gave Michael a lot of wonderful gifts, Jill baked him a cake, and everyone surely showered him with love and I know he felt it. We ended his birthday celebration at my parent's house with a rousing game of homemade Headbands. It was a perfect end to the trip and a great way to cap off Michael's celebrations up north!
Today, we celebrated Michael's birthday once again with Damien's family! Michael had suggested that he might like chinese food for this family birthday party. I got busy with the theme and Michael, Claire and I had a lot of fun with it! We made both vegetarian and pork egg rolls, sweet chili dipping sauce, fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, honey sesame chicken, and some yummy crab rangoon. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun, too. It would have been better had I not sliced the heck out of my right index finger just before the guests arrived. Party time!
Damien's family was so happy to celebrate with Michael! They were so helpful in the kitchen as I wasn't able to move my finger. I think the highlight for Michael was his birthday cake. I made three circular 8" layers of brownies and filled the layers with chocolate frosting, chopped up Snickers bars, and caramel. The cake was then frosted with chocolate frosting and decorated with more Snickers. Michael was SOOOOOO happy! I love my little chocoholic!
One of the best parts of the party was when Michael opened his gift from Seamus. They were these sweet green and blue Nike's. They resembled the kind of shoes Seamus wears so naturally, Michael thought they were awesome!!! Seamus was so sweet and offered to help Michael put them on . . . that was until they realized that there were two right shoes in the box! Never fear, Lani had the correct shoes shipped to Michael within two days. He was beyond overjoyed and I am now more convinced Lani is Supermom.
A special thank you to all of you that celebrated our Michael in any special little way. He was so touched by everyone's birthday wishes, thoughtful gifts, and presence. Only one birthday celebration to go! His friend birthday is next weekend. Man, his eleventh year is shaping up to be a good one!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Mikey. Can't believe you're eleven . . . But what's with the skinny legs. Maybe Emmy can give you some Yogurt pants to cover up those bad boys. Eat a sandwich for crying out loud!
Post a Comment